Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Next Stop Signs in the Trains Aren't Helpful



On today's Metro ride home, I wasn't paying attention to the stops the train was making as I read my paper. As we pulled into a station, the sign read "<<<", the doors open and the sign changed to "RED". I didn't know where I was, I wasn't sure if I was at my stop.

These great new next-stop signs where worthless!

Luckily, I figured out the old fashion way that this wasn't my stop by peering out the door to look for one of the signs that said where I was.

What's the deal with the signs? I watched how the signs operated as we went to the next station. After leaving the station, the sign changed to "Twinbrook". Great, I now knew where the next stop would be. But, just before pulling into the station it changed to "<<<", again. Great, now I know the side of the train the doors would open on, but If I hadn't been paying attention as happened earlier, I'd have missed what station I was at.

I believe it would be better to keep the name of the station on the signs until the doors close. If you must, go ahead and add one or two "<<" or ">>" to the name, but please don't erase the name of the station.

Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home