Thursday, December 22, 2005

Category: Other

As an Information Technology professional, I'd prefer to setup a database of "topics" organized by "category" to be discussed by the RAC.

For now, I'll establish a BLOG posting for each category. If you have comments on a specific category, please post a comment to the appropriate category:

(Index to Categories)

Other Issues

Following are other issues that I'm in the process of writing up. I'll move them to other Categories as I get time. Please forgive me for not being clear on these topics for now!

Scheduling:
S - Provide data and information to Google Transit
S - Provide a few extra minutes at transfer stations for unloading and loading

Infrastructure:
I - Elevator Maintenance
I - Concrete Maintenance

I - Metro has to come up with a better way to get passengers on and off rail cars. The every man-for-himself face-offs are inefficient. Reconfigured seating might help, but Metro also needs to try one-way entering and exiting from cars. (Courtesy of Dr. Gridlock - Washington Post)



Town Hall Meetings:

The Town Hall meetings conducted by Metro are a great source for both topics of interest to customers and WMATA's responses to these topics.

April 12, 2005 - George Mason High School, Falls Church, VA
September 13, 2005 - FDA Bldg, College Park, MD
November 9, 2005 - Frank Reeves Center, 14th & U Sts, Washington, DC



All Categories:

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger I. Michael Snyder said...

Updated December 30, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home