Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Life on the DC Metro RAC - New Year’s Resolution

Over the Holidays, I spent a fair amount of time reviewing and rereading materials on “rider issues” with Metro. I used the information to make some updates to my List of Categories as well as add some links to websites, BLOGs, and forums of interest to the Metro rider community.

I’ve discovered that my blogging takes a bit more time than I originally anticipated, as I’m trying to craft my messages so as not to offend those at WMATA. I’m also trying to take my time and clearly understand the issues that are brought to my attention before discussing alternatives and options for implementation.

My philosophy has always been to bring forward solutions or ideas for resolving issues at the same time a problem is identified. Anyone can complain about service … it takes some thought and consideration to think through the problems and offer-up suggestions.

I’ve also discovered in my research, that WMATA has a number of initiatives already on the books to address issues that I and others have identified.

As the processes of the Riders’ Advisory Council progresses, I’m hopeful that the discussion, planning, and review process for identified issues is more open to public scrutiny. As with the identification of “bugs” in software, it’s nice to know that the issue has already been identified and alternatives are being considered. This feedback process is very important, so that the customer base knows that they are being heard and being given consideration. Likewise, when a customer has a similar complaint, there is an opportunity for expanded information, additional comments, and an opportunity to assist with prioritization through group consensus.

I really have to come up with an alternative method of posting my topics for consideration, as using a BLOG Topic doesn’t help you the reader to know which topics have been updated. I might consider posting my issues to the forum at
http://www.metroriders.org/ that is hosted by one of my fellow RAC members, Kevin Moore.

My resolution to you is to continue this BLOG and do my best as your representative on the Riders’ Advisory Council to keep you informed and aware of issues as they progress through WMATA’s lifecycle.

Thank you for your support,

I. Michael Snyder
WMATA Riders' Advisory Council
Council Member for Maryland - MetroRail


All Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home